For some reason my kids have never really liked meatloaf, and I have never understood that! They like hamburgers without the bun…what’s the difference?! Oh well, I decided to pull out a secret weapon to make this one; Bacon 🙂
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
1/4 cup almond meal
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Salt
1 Egg Lightly Beaten
1 Pound of Bacon
- In a large mixing bowl mix beef, pork, almond meal, tomato paste, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and egg until combined. Do not over mix.
- Form meat mixture into a free form loaf on a baking dish lined with foil.
- Wrap the loaf with the full package of bacon in any way you wish, just make sure it’s fully covered, and you use it all!
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until cooked through and bacon is crisp.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Click HERE for a PDF of the recipe.