Easy Paleo Meatballs:
If you are looking for a quick and easy Paleo meatball recipe, this one is for you! The key to moist meatballs every single time is how you cook them. Although browning meatballs adds extra flavor, it can sometimes impart some toughness to the meat. Instead, I essentially poach my meatballs in crushed tomatoes and the results are amazing. Try them and let me know what ya’ll think!
1 Pound Ground Turkey
1 Pound Ground Beef
1 Tbsp Salt
1 Tsp Cracked Black Pepper
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Onion Powder
2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
1 Tsp Dried Basil
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
28 oz Can Crushed Tomatoes with Basil
- In a large mixing bowl, combing both meats with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, coconut flour, and dried spices. Combine them thoroughly but take care not to over work the mixture.
- In a deep sauce pan large enough to hold the meatballs in one layer pour in one third of the tomatoes to coat the bottom of the pan.
- For each meatball form 1/3 of a cup of the meat mixture into a ball and set in the sauce pan in one layer. Pour the remaining tomatoes on the top of the meatballs, season with 1 tsp of salt, and set over medium heat. Once the contents start to bubble away turn the head down to a simmer, cover, and allow to cook for a minimum of 30 minutes. The longer they cook the softer your meatballs will be.
- 15 Minutes before you are ready to eat take the over off and allow the sauce to reduce to a slightly thicker consistency.
- Serve with spaghetti squash, sautéed zucchini noodles, or all by themselves!
Click HERE for a downloadable PDF of this recipe!